Baby Stalker arrived right on time as my water broke on her due date. However, we waited all day for contractions which were not starting. Toward the evening, we headed for labor and delivery since the doctor wanted her born within 24 hours of the water breaking to avoid complications. Prior to this, I was dreaming of an all natural, medicine free birth but a combination of unpreparedness, ignorance, and perhaps a serious lack of pain tolerance prevented me from making it very far.
Pitocin was added to my IV around 10pm and by 3am I wouldn't stop whimpering at Lance. After the nurse thoughtfully reminded me that my labor would probably last 24 hours, I threw all desires for a natural birth out the window and begged for an epidural. In hindsight I may have made it without since my labor actually only lasted 12 hours...
Nahh..I probably wouldn't have. It was awful.
The anesthesiologist came in and ten minutes later I was on top of the world. In fact, for the next 7 hours Lance endured me talking about the miracle of epidurals, how excited I was, my craving for a subway sandwich, whether I started the dishwasher before we left, how cute my socks were, that Coco was missing us, and why in the world Lance wasn't getting any sleep.
Finally at 10:20am she arrived!
Leah Marie Stalker
May 15, 2014 10:20am
7lbs 2oz 20inches
Pictures from the exciting day:
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment