Thursday, February 27, 2014

Baby Stalker!

I figured I should finally get around to updating the blog on my pregnancy...



We were EXCITED to discover that we will be expecting a little girl in May 2014! The first time I took a pregnancy test, I actually misread it as positive and was overly excited. "We're pregnant! We're pregnant!" I kept dancing around our apartment, but a quick consultation with Google informed me that I apparently didn't know how to read a pregnancy test. In my defense, it was a confusing pregnancy test (not the one pictured above which comes with a handy diagram). We were both really bummed and I felt pretty foolish for raising our hopes. Three days later, I decided to take another one for the heck of it (they do come in boxes of two...so why not?). POSITIVE! I didn't feel so silly after all.  

I am grateful that it has been an extremely easy pregnancy. No morning sickness, no crazy cravings (well...at one point I was convinced that I needed some mutton after watching a Seinfeld episode but I gave up on the idea because I wasn't sure what mutton even is), and very little else to complain about (except maybe the heartburn).  



My favorite part of being pregnant is using it as an excuse to take multiple naps a day.  Before pregnancy I was already a one-nap-a-day type of girl...now I'm on to two or sometimes three. I also love that I don't have to suck in when I wear tight shirts and most of all hearing the doctor say "you're gaining weight beautifully".  In what other world does that actually happen?! I think I will stay pregnant forever.

18 Weeks
24 Weeks
28 Weeks

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, you are so beautiful and that bump of yours fits you like a charm. I lived catching up in your adventures on the East coast... It made me want to go to Boston and Concord. Congratulations and I hope all goes well during your last semester...moving during pregnancy can be exhausting, so take care of yourself and let others help. So glad you will have your family near for the arrival of your little angel.

    ReplyDelete