Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Our Last Three Months in Pictures

I haven't had a chance to update the blog since we've been on the road and technically homeless for the last three months. Plus, our tendency to make last minute decisions prevented me from providing any firm updates. However, we are now in a semi-permanent place (does a two-month rental count?) which calls for a blog post!

But first, I should start from the beginning.  Our last few days in Oregon (actually, I'm not really sure if these pictures were from the last few days..but I feel the need to give the place one last adieu).







After packing up the car, we headed back to Utah where we spent some time with family before putting one of our vehicles into storage and heading East. Actually...I guess we went North first and then East since Mount Rushmore was one of the places to see on our list:


I have to admit, I was slightly disappointed to discover I wasn't allowed to hike up to touch Lincoln's beard. 



I had no idea South Dakota could be so touristy! Included in the attractions was a large reptile garden:




 After this, I made Lance drive two hours off course so that I could visit the setting from my favorite childhood books (Little House on the Prairie) at the Ingalls Homestead in De Smet.  For me, it was totally worth the drive. 


Coco becoming acquainted with the local farm animals...



We drove to Mall of America and St Paul after that, but I have no pictures to prove it (which is a relief since my internet is slow and I'm getting tired of waiting for my images to upload). We also spent our 4th of July in Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin where we played at the Noah's Ark Water Park--a water park which puts to shame most water parks I've been to.  After that, we headed to Chicago--the last major city we hadn't previously visited. 




 We then drove to Indiana to stay with my mom for two weeks, which was really nice.


After the visit, we decided to see Niagara Falls again since we were there in the cold winter last year.  It was beautiful!




So where are we now?

BOSTON!


As I mentioned at the beginning of this post, we are in a two-month rental outside of the city until we decide whether to get a long-term rental in the city.

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Awesome pictures. It's so great to see everywhere you go. I love the Little House on the Prairie picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see what your little house looks like.
    :) SO fun to follow your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing. I'm glad you got to go to Little House on the Prairie. I thought about it, but we didn't go. I loved your Mt. Hood picture with the sailboat. Boston! How cool! I'd love to go there someday. Tell me what you love most about it. Enjoy your time there.

    ReplyDelete