Saturday, November 17, 2012

A Much Needed Update

Most of our days here are rainy...which is quite different from Utah.  We quickly realized that waiting for the rain to stop before heading out to explore was not an achievable plan.  People around here apparently do things in the rain.  I now officially own my first umbrella and rain boots have transitioned from a cute accessory to a necessity.

There is plenty to see and do along the gorge as there are apparently 77(!) waterfalls on the Oregon side of the river alone. The hikes leading up to these falls remind me of our trip to Northern California because there are redwood trees and lots of moss along the way.






When we moved into our rental, I discovered that there was a local marathon taking place in two weeks.  I had the marathon bug and although I was very unprepared for it, I signed up and ran it.  It was a blast!





Finally, I have to talk about the bugs that are here...they are from an entirely different world.  Check out this little guy who was chilling in the kitchen sink:



I thought spiders had too many legs!!

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh, the adorable house centipede. Yes, those are exactly like they are here! I guess Utah is too dry for the cute little freaks.

    I loved the fact that I NEEDED an umbrella when I moved here! (And now own at least 3 or 4 of them.) For some reason an umbrella was always this cute little accessory I had never been able to use. I actually thank my dry Utah upbringing because I don't think I look at the rain with nearly as much misery as people who are born to the drizzle.

    Wow, 77 waterfalls? I think I need to come visit!

    ReplyDelete